Last updated: May 3rd, 2019
Which information do we collect?
We collect the following information through this website:
- Information you provide to us through website forms, such as your name, email address or areas of interest when you sign up for GPII updates or when you register for a GPII.net account.
- Information you provide to us through website forms, such as your name or email address.
- Any information you provide when sending us emails to addresses listed on the website.
What do we do with that information?
- We may send you communications about RtF or our other digital accessibility initiatives.
- We will administer your GPII.net account, including any correspondence you send through our mailing lists or postings on our Wiki.
- If you send an email to the ‘Endorsement’ email address, we may use your name, company name, or other information on our website and/or in our organization written materials.
Is that information ever shared?
- Information you provide us will not be sold, rented, or shared with third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to disclose it by law.
- We may share your information with Raising the Floor and our affiliated organizations.
- We use various contractors and service providers to assist us with operating our website, sending you communications or other data processing functions.
- If you sign up for our GPII mailings lists or Wiki, information you post may be accessible to others on the GPII mailings lists over the web as well as publicly on the Wiki.
- If you register for a GPII Developer Spage account through an independent authorization service such as through Google or Facebook, your information will be shared with that authorization provider.
What are your choices and in which ways you can exert them?
- You may request access to any information that we have collected about you.
- Any broadcast email communications you receive from us will include an option to unsubscribe.
- You may request that we delete any information that we maintain about you.
Will your information be secure?
We will always take appropriate security measures to ensure that your information is secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is never 100% secure, so while we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot fully guarantee the security of information transmitted through this website.
Is there an age requirement on the GPII website?
The GPII site is not directed to children under 13 years of age and we will not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from anyone under that age.
How long will be retain collected information?
Generally, we will store collected information as long as it is useful for the purpose it was collected for. We will endeavor to delete information as soon as it is no longer necessary, unless you contact us to delete it sooner.
What about visitors from the European Economic Area (EEA)?
The RtF website is accessible globally, and for visitors from the EEA, please note these additional considerations;
- Our lawful basis for collection of personal information is consent where we use the information for communications, and legitimate interest for the tracking and measurement of our website activities.
- You may exercise your data subject rights of access, objection, and deletion as noted above, and also request rectification or portability if it’s applicable to your request. Please follow the instructions below to contact us to exercise these rights.
- We may transfer your personal information to the United States where we use certain contractors or service providers. In the event of such a transfer, we will require these service providers to comply with the adequacy provisions of EU law through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses, compliance with the U.S. Privacy Shield program, or other legal options.
How can you contact us regarding your information?
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about this policy, please contact the Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post at Raising the Floor – International, 150 Route de Ferney, CH – 1218 Grand Saconnex / Geneva, Switzerland